As a Colorado native there is one thing that I know, hail storms can and will damage your vehicle! Many say the Colorado weather is schizophrenic- one moment the sun is shining and the next you are stuck in a hail storm, and this my my friend is the spoken truth. Weather happens. Look at Houston right now!
Colorado and Texas are two of the state’s most susceptible to hail storms. With Colorado’s hail storm season between April and Colorado and Texas residents being the victims to some pretty severe storms, we thought that we might give you a few tips on what to do if a hail storm damages your car.
First and foremost, it is a pain in the rear to get stuck in storm. Small pellets are beating the body of your car as you’re trying to steer safely out of it. You get out to check you car, and all you see is what looks like you were held up by a fire happy chap! The entire experience is less than ideal, but it can be quickly remedied and without decreasing the value of your vehicle, having to have body work and a new paint job, and in less time then both body work and a paint job.
It’s called paintless dent repair. The art of manipulating out minor dents, dings and creases utilizing specialized equipment, tools, and technology. Now PDR can fix more than just hail damage. However, being it is hail season and your insurance (as long as you have it) will cover hail damage.
Here are a few tips on what to do if hail damage happens to you, or really your vehicle.
- Get an evaluation. Send images in of many angles and views of the vehicle that has been damaged, or take your vehicle in for a free evaluation.
- File an insurance claim. The Colorado Dent Man will do this for you to aid in the process. Most PDR shops will handle this for you (and should). If you’ve already filed a claim then the shop will need the claim info and then handle the rest of the process
- Schedule a time to have your vehicle picked up. Bring your vehicle in for inspection and repair. The Colorado Dent Man will arrange to have your vehicle picked up for you as well. Professional, quality repair shops will make the process as easy as possible for you.
- Insurance company approves the repair process and the repair process begins.
- After the process has been completed a final quality inspection is performed to ensure that all damages have been repaired.
- Your vehicle is for pick up and to be on the road again.
One of the most frequently asked questions that we get is “Will my insurance premiums go up if I file a claim?” The answer is NO! A hail storm is an act of nature. Your insurance will not go up from filing a claim. Insurance companies may increase premiums depending on the number of hail storm the state you are covered in receives each year, but not from you filing an individual claim.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out, or call you local Dent Repair Shop. Just make sure they are a professional company with experience. There are many pop up shops that come around when hail storms hit to make quick money. We always recommend working with a shop that has your best interest in mind.